My Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mother's Day High Tea

For a while I have been wanting to put together a tea party. I kept marinating the idea until my Mom asked me what I thought we should do for Mother's Day. I automatically went right to the idea of holding a Mother's Day High Tea. My Mom fell in love with the idea, so I made up the invite list and starting thinking about a menu. The invite list included grandmothers their daughters and if they had a daughter she was invited as well, it was three different generations at one table. Once the party was set I did my research on the menu and found out the proper time, foods and etiquette to accomplish an authentic High Tea. Through my research I found out that a High Tea is usually held around four and includes a five course menu. The first course is quiches and crepes the next is a salad after that comes tea sandwiches, then some delicious scones and finally an AnaLucia production is never finished without a few types of deserts! I catered the whole event from the baked goods to the devonshire cream and lemon curd that went on top. However; I did get help from my Dad aka my waiter for the day :-). Everything was displayed on mixed vintage trays and platters as for the tea set itself, I used my moms vintage tea set. My sister an I also bought a few extra pieces which were gifted to my Mom as she saw them. I had a Tea Bar set up with an array of tea flavors from an English tea to African Rooibos tea, which on a side note was quite tasty. We also had mimosas to celebrate the day and each guest went home with a flower with a quote that stated "A Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."~Marion C. Garretty. This has been my favorite party thus far probably because it was for such amazing women in my life.



Peony's made a classic center piece.
&
 I found these adorable glass holders,
 in which I placed the jams in.
Each guest had their own prefix menu
to let them know about each course

The second tables center piece 
Tea Bar
The water is our favorite
cucumber, basil and lime 
The crepes were served with strawberries
& devonshire cream 
on the top was a mini 3 cheese quiche and
on the bottom was a mini mushroom and sausage quiche

strawberry pecan salad with a strawberry vinaigrette


They nibbled on 5 different types of tea sandwiches including a
Mozzarella Prosciutto and pesto butter,
Crisp vegetable, Smoked Salmon and Endive,
Cucumber, & a cream cheese and Strawberry 


Desert was bite sized treats including:
Mini ricotta cakes
Blueberry pound cake
High tea lemon cookies
Petit fours with various fillings
Shortbread tarts
Rosemary and pine nut cookies &
Chocolate covered strawberries
The Petit fours had a sign on them that stated
Marie Antoinette Infamous words,
"Let them Eat Cake"



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey guy's My name is Ana Romano and I'm a Fashion Marketing student at LIM college. I created this blog to share my thoughts and creativity with all of you. From baking to Events i've planned even of fun places that I find in NYC. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.