My Followers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Burgers and Shakes

Last weekend was my dad's birthday. Whenever we have a birthday in my family we usually make a special dinner for that person. Usually it's whatever that person wants, but in my dad's case its more like "do whatever you want," so that's exactly what I did. I was feeling inspired by the 50's so I thought why not make gourmet burgers, fries and milkshakes? I found a great butter burger recipe online that I thought would be perfect and I wanted to make the fries extra special too. I cut up a bag of potatoes and separated them into 3 trays. One was a garlic parmesan cheese (everyones favorite), the next was a rosemary, thyme and sage, and the last one was your everyday salt and pepper fries. Then I whipped up some vanilla and strawberry milkshakes the birthday boys favorite! Now since it was a 50's inspired birthday party and my dad is a huge dessert fan I was torn as to what cake I should make. I decided on his favorite pie...blueberry, it fit the theme and I got to tryout a new recipe. Everyone was fighting over the last piece so i guess it was a hit :-)





Happy Birthday Dad, I hope you enjoyed your 50's inspired Birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey guy's My name is Ana Romano and I'm a Fashion Marketing student at LIM college. I created this blog to share my thoughts and creativity with all of you. From baking to Events i've planned even of fun places that I find in NYC. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.