My Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

This past summer was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. When they were first married it wasn't a huge party in Italy with loads of people. My grandparents are a modest couple and didn't want a huge party for there 50th either, but my mom and her siblings didn't want it going unnoticed, so they decided on an intimate party at my grandmas favorite italian restaurant to mimic their original wedding reception 50 years ago. Being the party planner in the family, they entrusted me with the party from the invitations to the favors I was determined to make this anniversary party golden. Since tradition states that 50 is your golden anniversary I really played up on that theme. I had golden invitations, yellow gold flowers, golden favors even the place settings had gold in them. The place settings were actually 2 demential I made each layer higher then the last so it had volume. My favorite aspect of the party had to be the favors. I found these great jars and filled the first two with jordan almonds and candy mints. For the third jar I decided to make golden chocolate covered pretzels to add a personal touch. At the end of the party each guest could grab a golden box next to a sign I made that stated, "It's been 50 years since we've said our I'dos, here is something sweet to say Thank You." This way everyone could pick out their own favorite candies and make their own individual favors.




That picture in the frame
was taken on they're wedding day
 

The favors
The cake table



"It's been 50 years since we've said our I'dos,
here is something sweet to say Thank You."

I really enjoyed putting this party together for my grandparents. Everyone seemed to really have a great time and my grandparents loved everything which was my ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey guy's My name is Ana Romano and I'm a Fashion Marketing student at LIM college. I created this blog to share my thoughts and creativity with all of you. From baking to Events i've planned even of fun places that I find in NYC. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.