My Followers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Wild Child

Hey loves,

I hope you all had a great weekend and stayed warm because it was chilly in n.y! I stayed warm and busy, between planning for my cookie tasting party and finishing up school you'd think I'd have a full plate, well I do, but I can always squeeze in some creativity... especially when its for my sister! Her birthday isn't until the 15th, but since I wasn't going to be home I figured we could do an early b-day dinner for the b-day doll. This time I didn't cook (everyone helped), I just made the cake and set up the decor. Okay so I have to admit this whole decor idea came about because I lost her amazing birthday card from papyrus (my fav card store) and I was thinking what am I going to do with no card?? So of course I went to Michael's and while I was there I remembered that earlier this year her and I went there she adored this glitter cheetah print paper. I knew that would be the prefect paper to make her a card out of. When I was making her cake (strawberry shortcake w/pink frosting of course) I saw that I had scraps of the sparkling cheetah paper from making the card. It was to cute to through away so decided to decorate the cake stand with it and once I did that I caught the cheetah bug and just went with it! I made everyone name tags out of the cheetah paper and attached it to the napkin with black ribbon. Then I made costars and spelt out a characteristic about the b--day doll on each one in gold glitter letter. After that I used various things from around the house to add to the ambiance. I found 3 candle goblets 2 candle sticks, red decor balls on top to pull out the color in the plates, 3 twig decor balls and 2 small candles and 2 cheetah pillows for the end chairs. I created my table and just knew that she would love, love, love it!!  Since she's turning 20 I brook out the bubbly aka sparkling apple cider and celebrated. This was a fairly easy look to pull together and if you have a relative or friend who loves animal print this is the prefect set up!

To my wild child sister, 
Happy 20th Birthday Doll!!
stay fabulous and cheetahlicious <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey guy's My name is Ana Romano and I'm a Fashion Marketing student at LIM college. I created this blog to share my thoughts and creativity with all of you. From baking to Events i've planned even of fun places that I find in NYC. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.